Thursday, October 11, 2012

I want to see a Mitt Romney vs. Big Bird Cage Match


So this weekend I was in NYC with my friend Aine, and we did a lot of fun stuff like going to the museum (I swear that isn't supposed to be sarcastic). Supposedly there was an Andy Warhol exhibit in MoMa but they LIED and there were only 2 Warhol's, but I did see a guy who looked like he was impersonating Andy Warhol. Either that or Andy's back from the dead. OOOOOOOH!
And yes, I am on a first-name basis with Andy Warhol.


 There was this really cool drawing of a hand ( you can't really see it in this photo too well) so I pulled a Sistine Chapel.
After Perks (2 points for Gryffindor if you can tell we've been sobbing)
 Bein' a COOL CAT.
 I got saddle shoes!!!! They came in the mail last week but I was too lazy to take a photo of them before. (Also my socks have cats on them)
 I made this dress over the summer and I really like it. I got the idea from these 1965 New Yorker magazines I got from my neighbors.
 BEING ASTONISHED.
 I ate a delicious bagel.
 "I can't believe I ate the whole thing!!"
 TOO MANY BAGELS.


"Summer of '69" came on the radio in the bagel shop and that is why these photos exist.
 This was an awesome piece of art in MoMa that up-close looked like a bunch of random scribbles and from far-away because Spiderman.
I got some really cheap clip-on earrings from a costume store but they're glittery and remind me of David Bowie so I like them.

Also, when I was in NYC we stopped in a Barnes & Noble with a Starbucks inside and I spent an HOUR looking for Pete Townshend's autobiography, only to find out it was going on sale the day AFTER (even though all around the store there were ads for it being "On Sale Today!")
In my magnificent quest I somehow managed to buy a Pumpkin Spice Latte and a Doors album, both of which I didn't really mean to buy but did anyway because I have no self control.

Speaking of the Doors, I've spent all week obsessing over/being creeped out by Jim Morrison, so just because I can do what I want (this is MY BLOG), here is a picture of the Lizard King himself.

Alright, I'm going to watch the Daily Show, because Pete Townshend is the guest star and maybe he will explain why his book has been evading me.
Although I don't really need an excuse to watch the Daily Show.

2 comments: