Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Livin' just enough for the city

I went to New York City today. Yay.
I dressed with punk/schoolgirl vibes in mind, and I work this fake leather jacket that I put a Sgt. Pepper patch on the back of. It was really weird out in the city (It was raining and windy but at the same time really hot) so I ended up taking off the jacket.
 Skirt, turtleneck, and jacket from Goodwill, socks from Old navy and shoes from the online Doc Martin's store.


 I was listening to my iPod when I got my boots shined, and "Venus in Furs" happened to come on so I was all "MY BOOTS OF SHINY SHINY LEATHER" and felt like I shared some kind of inside joke with myself.

 This place actually made my entire day. Not gonna lie.

I went to this record store on Bleeker Street, and I found The Velvet Underground & Nico and a 45 of The Beach Boys' "Wouldn't It Be Nice" and "I Get Around". Then I found a Tiffany's, and obviously I ran to the nearest cafe, bought a croissant and a coffee and proceeded to eat it outside of Tiffany's. I feel that a life-goal has been accomplished.
I also went to this makeup store and tried on some lipstick that probably cost more than my whole house. The saleswoman there wanted me to buy it and I sort of left so I wouldn't accidentally buy the whole store with my college money.
Another note, I saw a gay couple sitting on a park bench all cuddled up, and I was remind of how much I love NYC. If they were to do that in my town, or a great many other places nearby, they would be yelled at or insulted by passers-bye. It made me so happy to see that they could just be together without people attacking them for it.
That's pretty much all!





No comments:

Post a Comment